1.What is Coaching?
- The coaching relationship is a highly effective way of unlocking the potential of the individual in order to maximize their performance.
- Coaching is about taking people from where they are now and moving them forwards to attain their self-chosen goals.
- Coaching is a purposeful relationship supported by a trusting two-way partnership and constructive processes that enable another’s development and success by helping them achieve desired change and growth.
- Coaching is a conversation where the coachee knows most of the answers. The Coach is there to ask intelligent and insightful questions that will motivate the coachee to think and reflect on what they want to do or achieve.
2.What is Mentoring?
- Mentoring offers discussion, support, challenge, encouragement and guidance from a trusted advisor to a mentee who will not always have a view of a way forward.
- Mentoring enables them to learn, explore and decide on the right approach for them to achieve their goals
3.What is Training?
- Training is organizational activity aimed at bettering the performance of individuals and groups; it generally is focused on changing knowledge, behaviors, skills or attitudes to enhance job performance.
4.What is Career Counseling?
- Career counselors provide guidance. Career counseling includes a wide variety of professional activities which help people deal with career-related challenges. Career counselors may work with individuals, especially adolescents seeking to explore career options or experienced professionals contemplating a career change.
5.What is Performance management?
- Performance management is a set of management and analytical processes that enable individuals to achieve one or more pre-selected goals.
- Some of the activities that are part of performance management include:
- Clarifying performance expectations of individuals and teams
- Measuring performance of individuals and teams
- Developing and enhancing the performance of individuals and teams
- Aligning performance with strategic goals of the organization
6.What is Consulting?
- A consultant is usually an expert or a professional in a specific field and has a wide knowledge of the subject matter.
- An External consultant is someone who is employed externally (either by a firm or some other agency) whose expertise is provided on a temporary basis, usually for a fee to assist with an organization’s goal or project.